Protecting our families, homes, and valuables is a top priority. Home and business security systems aim to give you peace of mind when it comes to intruders, however, not all properties are created equal. A security system tailored to your specific needs is a smarter option. Aside from consulting with Security Cam Experts, you should also take note of these statistics and security tips.
- According to the FBI, in 2014, there were 1,729,806 burglaries in the United States.
- Of those burglaries, 73.2% were residential burglaries.
- Of these residential burglaries, nearly 28% occurred during the day while over half happened at night.
- Top targets include women living alone or wealthy senior citizens.
- Burglars also choose targets by the type of car you drive, what neighborhood you live in, the size of the home, or signs that a home is unoccupied.
- Never open your door to strangers or solicitors. Remember that delivery persons need not step into your home to make a delivery.
- Never rely on a chain-latch as a barrier to partially open the door. With enough force, it can easily be broken.
- If you don’t have one already, install a peephole and always use it to see who is at your door before opening it.
- Lock all doors, windows, and garages at all times. This helps to prevent unwanted intruders from simply walking through an unlocked entrance.
- Choose heavy duty locks and use four three-inch screws to secure heavy duty lock strike plates in the door frames.
- See something, say something. If you notice any suspicious stranger activity, call the police.
- Have a family meeting in regards to home security plans so that everyone is on the same page.
Having something to protect you is better than nothing, which is why even a simple dummy camera can make a difference. But if you can afford it, investing in surveillance systems and home alarm systems can be a great benefit and put some of your worries at ease. If you have any questions or want to shop a wide variety of affordable security cameras and equipment, please call 888-203-6294 or visit SecurityCamExpert.com today!
You can also connect with us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.