Summer is here and Independence Day is right around the corner. Most people celebrate with fireworks, whether they watch professional public displays or they light their own. While the former is encouraged, those who choose the latter should be extra cautious. Fireworks can be very dangerous if not handled properly. Before you put on your own fireworks show, please review these fireworks safety tips.
- Leave Fireworks To The Professionals
- As mentioned, if at all possible, enjoy the view at a public fireworks display and leave the heavy-lifting to the professionals.
- If you prefer to light your own fireworks, be sure that they are legal in your area.
- Be Extra Careful With Sparklers
- Because sparklers are fairly easy to use, people may think they are safe for kids, however, this is not the case. Sparklers can heat up to 1,200 degrees and are not meant for children’s short arms. Glow sticks can serve as a safer alternative.
- As a reminder, always closely supervise children in the presence of fireworks.
- Take Necessary Precautions
- Avoid wearing loose clothing while using fireworks.
- Never light fireworks indoors or near dry grass.
- Point fireworks away from homes, and keep away from brush, leaves, and flammable substances.
- Stand several feet away from lit fireworks. If a device does not go off, do NOT stand over it to investigate. Instead, put it out with water and dispose of it.
- In addition, always have a bucket of water and/or a fire extinguisher nearby. Also, you should know how to operate the fire extinguisher properly.
- Should a child or adult become injured by fireworks, go to a doctor or the hospital immediately. If an eye injury occurs, don’t touch or rub it as this may cause further damage.
Share your own fireworks safety tips with us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest!
Visit SecurityCamExpert.com to browse our excellent inventory of security cameras, CCTV surveillance packages and more.
Please remember, we will be closed on Tuesday July 4, 2017, for the holiday. Normal hours will resume on Wednesday July 5, 2017. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. From everyone at SecurityCamExpert.com, please enjoy a safe & happy 4th of July!